Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I hear us talking about having to "re-jet" carbs when changing to aftermarket exhaust, etc....but has anyone stepped up carb jetting with the stock exhaust?? How far can I go?? Want some more ooomph! Running stock ears/intake and exhaust. Thanks.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
I did originally I kept the stock pilot jet and went to a 142 main. It didn't really make a difference.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
straight up more oomph.. do an ear shave, gap the coil pickups, and remove the goat. ohh and make sure that you are firing on both cylinders. these are the the best performance mods to do (and the only ones that can be done cheaply).

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
You might find this link interesting. Read the Dial-A-Jet tech article at the bottom.
http://www.thunderproducts.com/IntelaJet.htm

Somebody on this board posted about installing one on his vn750 a short time ago.
He was riding throught the mountains and some pretty big elevation changes, and said it worked very well.

Even if you are a flatlander, the pre-atomized fuel charge sounds like it greatly improves throttle response.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Even with the stock exhaust you can get a bit more power and response with the ear shave. Anytime you change your intake, you need adjust your air fuel mix.

DT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts