Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good find by one of my fellow Feejers:
http://tinyurl.com/djndef

Makes a good replacement for those with single or duel density pads in their jackets, and at a good price. (Many makers offer armor upgrades, but charge quite a bit for it)

I have a couple of mesh jackets these would be good in...........

KM

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Looks good KM. I need to get a good mc riding jacket to use these in.

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
I don't get it. The title says triple density but the description says dual density. Seems kinda hinky to me.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I don't get it. The title says triple density but the description says dual density. Seems kinda hinky to me.
I noticed that too. Something funny there for sure! :confused:

·
Super Moderator
11,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they just used text they had on had for the discription as they sell other armor types. Looks like they use the same discription in those too, not to mention the same wording iin some of the other stuff they sell, like their pants ("check out the front pockets") appears in every discription of their pants.
A menber of the FJR forum did recieve the above armor and did say he was fairly impressed with it.

I did shoot him a PM and asked how one can tell if it is in fact X3 foam as opposed to duel density. Will get back to you with his reply..........

KM

·
Super Moderator
11,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The armor is triple density, if you look at it on edge you can see 3 layers. The "duel density" was just a typo as I figured.......................................................which is all moot , as I just bought the last set of these.

Sorry....

KM

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
whats the diff between triple double or quadruple? Isnt the end result the same?

·
Registered
738 Posts
whats the diff between triple double or quadruple? Isnt the end result the same?
I find it easier to just check if the armor is CE rated. A CE rating takes some of the guess work out of researching the material, performance, etc (at least for me). Odd that the picture in the link provided shows the CE stamp, but the description does not. Is it due to the wrong product picture, bad description or is just the one piece is CE rated? I would ask/verify that all pieces are CE rated before buying.

·
Super Moderator
11,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I find it easier to just check if the armor is CE rated. A CE rating takes some of the guess work out of researching the material, performance, etc (at least for me). Odd that the picture in the link provided shows the CE stamp, but the description does not. Is it due to the wrong product picture, bad description or is just the one piece is CE rated? I would ask/verify that all pieces are CE rated before buying.
Again, if you read the other posts, the armor is Triple density CE approved armor.
The text in the ad was just lifted off the other armor they usualy sell. I did buy this and it is all CE armor , 3 layer, just like the photo.

To answer the question -
"whats the diff between triple double or quadruple? Isnt the end result the same? "

The end result is not the same. All CE armor will protect you, but the level of protection is what is at play here. The 3 layer armor provides a more gradual progression of compression that 2 layer armor. This means if your elbow hits the ground with x amount of G's , part of that energy will be transmited to the elbow..but how fast it is transmited has solely to do with not specificly the thickness of the armor (although it is a tad thicker) , but its compression rate. ... simular in action to how your suspension works.

Any time your body is moving real fast and suddenly has to stop...the more gradual the transision the better.

This of course is a very subtle difference, and we are talking about things that are happening in micro seconds. But simply if you have a choice in armor that transmits .025 of G less to a body part durring an impact than another type of armor, I'd pick it.

CE approval just means it passes as specfic criteria...the concept here is hopefully instead of just passing a threshold, you are surpassing it.

KM

·
Adventuregeek
162 Posts
I would ask/verify that all pieces are CE rated before buying.
If you view the larger image option, the info box with the CE designation is visible on all five pieces.

·
Registered
738 Posts
If you view the larger image option, the info box with the CE designation is visible on all five pieces.
The pictures do not carry as much weight as the copy and specifications, legally. If the seller does not specify 'CE rated' in the product description, then legally they can send you a similar non-CE rated product (unless "Actual product pictured" is specified).

Regardless, if anyone has received good service from this retailer, then perhaps they should send them a note to update the copy for SEO purposes (Search Engine Optimization). That way Google and other search engines will list them as having CE rated products. Always looking to help out retailers with good products, prices and especially service.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
KM, You rock! Dude ..you are totally smart. I appreciate your indepth and insightful response to my question.

·
Super Moderator
11,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The pictures do not carry as much weight as the copy and specifications, legally. If the seller does not specify 'CE rated' in the product description, then legally they can send you a similar non-CE rated product (unless "Actual product pictured" is specified).
Actualy you are wrong. Photos of objects are just as "legally binding" as text.

If someone shows a photo of say, a Dell laptop , but does not use the word DELL in the description, and sends you a HP...they can still be held responsible legally for false advertising. They would need a disclamer saying "product pictured may substitued for simular item"...not the other way around. But then laws vary state to state on this.

This all being moot , as I said I did buy the product from them and it is as pictured.

They also carry some good deals on other motorcycle gear. I would reccomend them as a good vendor.

KM

·
Registered
738 Posts
Actualy you are wrong. Photos of objects are just as "legally binding" as text.

KM
Not exactly. I hosted an online retail operation and found out how they get around it. Online retailers have a "Legal Disclaimer" (may be called "Terms & Conditions", "Conditions of Use", "User Agreement", etc.) that outline usage and liabilities. One clause is usually something similar to, "The images, pictures, and illustrations found on this site http://whatever.com are for illustration purposes only, and do not necessarily represent the exact products, services, or ideas in the context they are found in.", which absolves the manufacturer and retailer of responsibility.

Amazon, being more of a broker, and many other retailers goes one step farther and disclaims all liability, "Amazon attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, Amazon does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by Amazon itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition."

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Wow...its head to head action in the thread!

·
Super Moderator
11,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
aluminum frames have come a long way since you bike was made- much better comfort and stiffer. If money's a limiting factor, buy used. As long as you know your size and how to recognize an often crashed bike, you'll do fine. There are lots of nice used bikes that are maybe a couple of years old. Don't buy less than a shimano ultegra or campagnolo athena/veloce equipped bike.
wtf?

·
Super Moderator
11,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Not exactly. I hosted an online retail operation and found out how they get around it. Online retailers have a "Legal Disclaimer" (may be called "Terms & Conditions", "Conditions of Use", "User Agreement", etc.) that outline usage and liabilities.

I think you are overthinking this here. Sure if they have a disclamer of some sort , but I was going under the assumption that they don't.

Many companies do have some kind of legal statement that they can fall back on, but my point was a photo can be just as binding as text in a court of law.
Sometimes even if they have some legal mumble jumble to try and excuse themselves with, a court can rule the information was not presented in a way a casual customer could find it, and that in just about every case, a court will usually rule that a disatisfied customer should get a full refund if they believed they were missled. In Missouri, this is called the "bait and switch law" , and it covers misrepresentative ads also.

Awhile back the Ciruit City in town here ran an add in the paper for a 27 inch color TV for $220.00 the Text simply said "27 inch color TV with remote $220.00" and right next to this was a photo of a Sony TV with the model number in small letters under the screeen.

Well , it turned out that it was the "wrong" TV , it should have been a 27" GE , as the Sony was in fact a $300.00 set. But they had to sell the Sony for that price because the photo in the add showed the model number and was clearly marked "Sony".

You can't sue a company for more than what you paid for an item if all that is wrong with it is it is not what you thought you ordered. But if you are somehow suggesting that a company can substitute a different model of an item and not grant you a refund if this option was not made clear somewhere in the transaction, you are, as I said, wrong.

KM

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Thanks. Do I get credit for asking a question that you already answered? lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts