Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - I got my 750 working again - and was enjoying a 75MPH cruise to the airport on I-285 around Atlanta - the bike was working better than it ever had and I was just cruisin' in the left side of the fast lane when all of a sudden this Very large African American Fulton county Motorcycle cop on a hog was sharing my lane with me riding about 2 inches off my right side knee to knee - at first I thought I was a dead man since the speed L. is supposed to be 55 but he didn't have his blue light specials on - well we rode together for a minute or two then he just looked over at me and smiled gave me a 2 finger salute and rode on off down the highway.

Ya just never know. What a blast :rockon:

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Whewwwww! That was close! Must have felt incredibly great when the guy took off without giving you a ticket. Proves what I've known for years and years, most officers are great people. They're not here to bust your butt for no good reason. They're here to protect and serve. Sounds like this great guy brought some well needed joy to top off the fun ride you were having. Glad you posted about it.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Well - I got my 750 working again - and was enjoying a 75MPH cruise to the airport on I-285 around Atlanta - the bike was working better than it ever had and I was just cruisin' in the left side of the fast lane when all of a sudden this Very large African American Fulton county Motorcycle cop on a hog was sharing my lane with me riding about 2 inches off my right side knee to knee - at first I thought I was a dead man since the speed L. is supposed to be 55 but he didn't have his blue light specials on - well we rode together for a minute or two then he just looked over at me and smiled gave me a 2 finger salute and rode on off down the highway.

Ya just never know. What a blast :rockon:
Glad to hear the scoot is doing great!

It's a great feeling to be on the open road on a scoot and enjoying the freedom along with the sense of adventure an being at piece with your surrondings. :rockon:

It gets better when you know your doing something against what your Government said is NOT tolorable by the laws they set forth.

It gets even better when your breaking said law and a person appointed to enforce said law rides with you.

It gets to the point of exctacy when the Officer acknowleges your infraction and moves on. :motorcycl

The cost of this experience is: PRICELESS

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
^ I can't really say it any better than that. It seems that people on 2 wheels are bikers before they're anything else. Ya just gotta love that...

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Nice! I had a god conversation with an LAPD motor officer at a red light last week. And I've had other motor officers who've had me pretty much dead to rights for speeding just hand signal to slow down. I think that the majority of motor officers see us as fellow riders first, and only "bring the justice" if you're riding like an a$$hat. This does not include the small minority of LEOs (motor or cage) who may have a specific beef with bikers in general.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts