Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
941 Posts
I would like to see a picture of that when you get it on

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I had one of those on my Honda CX500, didn't like it.. ended up selling it rather quickly. The air was blown strait into me. I tried setting up on the vulcan, and the buffering was even worse.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Was considering one of those, but with lowers. Sharp.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
picked it this morning, didnt realize that it was a memphis shades. she even had the install directions and the original bill of sale because it has a lifetime warranty. she paid $180 for the thing.

i compared it to my current shied and not sure if it will make a different on the face or not, but will provide better hand protection. im gonna try to ride it all winter if possible

ill see if i can install it tomorrow eve and get some pics

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Thats exactly it Goof....ya keep it on fer early Spring, and late Fall...else lose it for the warm months....seen pcs of mine ?....I had a tiny shield on it which was great for 3 seasons....come the cold stuff, and you get it like we do here, the full fairing helps a lot.....all depends on how easy the on/off is...mine is basically 3 bolts....but I got a 1968 Bates batwing.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
http://images.craigslist.org/00909_ar9rkFhIm79_600x450.jpg 50 dollars picking it up in the morning. its ready to bolt on and came off his 750. maybe there will be other parts as well
When I bought my bike in 2002, it came with the exact same shild on it. I liked it alot except for the buffeting at highway speeds. I raised it up about a 1/4" and it was a lot better. I replaced it about 3 years ago with another Memphis Shades shield very similar to it except the winshield was about 1" to 2" taller and it was great. THe taller shield eliminated any buffeting I had from the previous one. I only replaced the original because it got a crack in it making it hard to see. The one I have on my bike now is a Memphis Shades Santa Cruz, where I think the one you have is the Santa Fe. I like the looks of it on my bike also as the shade is tinted dark towards the bottom and my bike is black with the smoke grey accent on the tank.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks like i need to email memphis shades. im missing the 1" to 7/8' reducer bands. other than that the shield looks decent on the bike, i did manage to install the brake light flasher and the voltmeter. at 2k rpm it was putting out 13.25 volts. i need to clean teminals and take it a ride to see what its reading at 5k rpms

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
looks like i need to email memphis shades. im missing the 1" to 7/8' reducer bands.
you can simply cut a strip of rubber (old bike tire or rubber tape) and wrap the bar under the clamp.
Most come with a rubber strip to make up the difference....and it will prevent gouging of the chrome bars.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
im missing the 1" to 7/8' reducer bands
I used pieces of an old garden hose for spacers...Drag Specialties makes clamps too, really pretty, for either 1" or 7/8"....I got them on mine now....

Only pic I could find of em, but you get the idea....

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got shims on the way. i have to pull some ot this weekend to help pay for some more upgrades to the bike. i think im gonna get a new battery just for ****s and giggles. my leds for the optronics lights are here so now i can get them installed as well

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Never a bad idea to get a battery for our bikes since theyre spark critical....I been lucky...2nd season on a WallyMart non AGM...that wont last, lol...

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had one of those on my Honda CX500, didn't like it.. ended up selling it rather quickly. The air was blown strait into me. I tried setting up on the vulcan, and the buffering was even worse.
sundays ride provided me with good feedback. it was ok below 60mph but was a pain above it. if it was 3 inches taller it would be better. i was looking at the shield Merc has on his drifter and may be better suited for me

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts