Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings...now that I finally have the owner's manual and service manual for my '05 VN750, I've started doing some of the more detailed inspections on the bike.

I took the seat off to look at the battery and connections. They look fine, although the rectifier is, in fact, hiding under the battery frame and will have to be moved...looks like a lot of work.

I noticed that on my bike, there are two rubber lines which are attached to brazed feed lines at the very back end of the fuel tank. The left line is marked with a blue dot and the right with a red dot. The red dot line is cracked and broken...I followed it as far as I could and saw that it went down behind the swingarm pivot, then I lost it. Neither of these lines appear to feed directly into the carburetors or other parts of the fuel system, so I'm thinking that these are the vapor recovery lines leading to the absorption canister. Does that sound right? The bike's running well, but if necessary, I'll change these out with new hose...

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
There should be one line on the left side that is hooked up directly to the fuel tank - there's a little metal hose that comes off the tank, then the hose connects to that via a clip. I think that's just a vapor release line. The one with the red dot, though...? Is it actually connected to the tank?? I'm guessing that it's a radiator hose (since it ends down by the swingarm). Is it a fairly thin hose? About the size of the fuel hoses?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
you have a california tank (bike?). The one is the vent tube which goes below the swingarm. If you fill your tank real full, then set it on the sidestand, you may end up with a wetspot from there. The other line is for some emissions vapor recovery system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts