Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting the carbs back together tonight and was down to putting the choke and brackets back on. Got to the bracket with the spring, began the wind-back and - "POING!" - off went the spring and the copper ferrule. THe spring landed in front of me, after bouncing off the garage door. The ferrule? I have no freakin' idea. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Anybody got an extra copper ferrule? :doh:

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Putting the carbs back together tonight and was down to putting the choke and brackets back on. Got to the bracket with the spring, began the wind-back and - "POING!" - off went the spring and the copper ferrule. THe spring landed in front of me, after bouncing off the garage door. The ferrule? I have no freakin' idea. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Anybody got an extra copper ferrule? :doh:
??????? Looked in the parts list and didn't see a listing for a Copper Ferrule.
What is it? Where would I find it in the parts list?

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
??????? Looked in the parts list and didn't see a listing for a Copper Ferrule.
What is it? Where would I find it in the parts list?
I checked Ayers last night and they're calling it a "collar." I guess I could call it a collar. I called it everything else last night. :mad:

And, yes, Doug, those carbs will be the death of me. The sad part is that after soaking the carb body in The Can o' Death for two days, the a/f port looked spanky clean, as did all other jets and such. So I was excited that perhaps *this* time I'd gotten the lead out. Alas.... I'll probably find it the day my order from Cheap Cycle shows up. :doh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts