Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Yeah I’m going to end up doing one since my buddy wants some parts from the engine too. These cylinders only have like 12 K miles on them so I know they’re still good but I have a hunch that the counter balancer exploded. I’m tearing the bike down now as we speak
Bet the damper bushings fragged out, gear hit the case. That isn't normally terminal, but it's an engine pull.

·
Super Moderator
764 Posts
Or wrestling, TONIGHT, IN THE OMNI! I think I still have a couple of those magazines.

If the name was shortened correctly it's Omin .. Omino.. OD..?? We used to call Doc ODD.
In all fairness, when I first joined here it was "TheOminousDarkness", which is a username I've also used elsewhere, especially on Discord. It was frequently shortened to TOD. It was annoying, so I think OMNI is just fine by me! 🤣😂🤣

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,554 Posts
Or wrestling, TONIGHT, IN THE OMNI! I think I still have a couple of those magazines.

If the name was shortened correctly it's Omin .. Omino.. OD..?? We used to call Doc ODD.
I'm still very ODD...

Reactions: Spockster

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,554 Posts
Bet the damper bushings fragged out, gear hit the case. That isn't normally terminal, but it's an engine pull.
I bought a parts bike where the balancer came through the case.

Reactions: Spockster

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well somehow the retainer bolt worked its way loose and did some damage. It did take out a chunk of the case but it’s not too horrible so the engine is Plenty suitable for parts! The bike may have a ton of miles on it but basically everything about the engine has been replaced. When this little conundrum happened I honestly thought I lost my rear tire. Really loud pop. Then scraping and Getting sprayed by hot oil. I usually don’t freak out About breaking down but as you can imagine this time was pretty different

Bicycle part Nickel Auto part Engineering Gear
Crankset Automotive tire Gear Rim Vehicle brake
Gear Automotive tire Crankset Bicycle part Finger

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Well somehow the retainer bolt worked its way loose and did some damage. It did take out a chunk of the case but it’s not too horrible so the engine is Plenty suitable for parts! The bike may have a ton of miles on it but basically everything about the engine has been replaced. When this little conundrum happened I honestly thought I lost my rear tire. Really loud pop. Then scraping and Getting sprayed by hot oil. I usually don’t freak out About breaking down but as you can imagine this time was pretty different

View attachment 55102 View attachment 55103 View attachment 55104
Ouch!!

Fragged the inner case too. A lot of work there.

That center bolt gets Loctite for assembly.

Lucky it didn't wipe out with you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ouch!!

Fragged the inner case too. A lot of work there.

That center bolt gets Loctite for assembly.

Lucky it didn't wipe out with you.
I’ve already done my fair share of work on this bike rebuilding the engine multiple times etc. Last person who touched that side was my buddy so Probably didn’t put enough Loctite on it. But whatever it’s time for her to retire and it’s giving everybody a chance to get some parts

·
Registered
2003 VN750
2 Posts
So today marks the official end of my Vulcan. After 700,000+ miles Something went kaboom in the engine. Not sure what it is but it took out my crankcase and partial Stater cover. But now for the good news! If anybody needs parts I am parting out the bike! Just contact me ask if I have a particular part and we can work from there. Hopefully soon a couple of parts will be on somebody else’s bike and she will see the road again.

View attachment 55090
View attachment 55095
View attachment 55094
View attachment 55097
View attachment 55096
View attachment 55093
View attachment 55092
View attachment 55091
Sorry to here about your VN. Thats alot of miles. My 2003 I just got has 35000 doing the stator now.
Do you still have the small plastic tool box behind the seat. Mine didnt come with one.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Yes I have the toolbox but it has no lock on it. I’m really not sure where to find a lock that would fit it either
I think the cabinet locks you find at Lowe's, etc, might work. Something like a drawer lock. I recall someone here said that's what they did. Maybe it was Shark.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts