Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today marks the official end of my Vulcan. After 700,000+ miles Something went kaboom in the engine. Not sure what it is but it took out my crankcase and partial Stater cover. But now for the good news! If anybody needs parts I am parting out the bike! Just contact me ask if I have a particular part and we can work from there. Hopefully soon a couple of parts will be on somebody else’s bike and she will see the road again.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motorcycle

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much for that carb as is?
Same for handlebar and switches setup.
400 For the switches bars and 1 in adapters
(Those things cost me a arm and a leg:rolleyes:)

And the carburetor with the manifold and air cleaner 300. It has a bracket so you can use the stock controls with it as well. I Think I should mass produce these things lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
700,000 miles! It's just retiring. :)
My old ironhead is getting there too 587,453 miles.
I like to give all my bikes a good life and quite frankly I rebuild them every winter! I just put a ungodly amount of miles per month on them. My Vulcan’s average is 3 to 5000 miles a month. And when it’s busy easily more than that.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
My old ironhead is getting there too 587,453 miles.
I like to give all my bikes a good life and quite frankly I rebuild them every winter! I just put a ungodly amount of miles per month on them. My Vulcan’s average is 3 to 5000 miles a month. And when it’s busy easily more than that.
Whoa, wow... So not a typo. That's got to be a record.

·
Super Moderator
767 Posts
400 For the switches bars and 1 in adapters
(Those things cost me a arm and a leg:rolleyes:)

And the carburetor with the manifold and air cleaner 300. It has a bracket so you can use the stock controls with it as well. I Think I should mass produce these things lol
Well, the switches bars and adapters are out of my budget range at the moment, but the carb would be worth it. It might be a few weeks before I could put the funds together, so if someone else comes along with the cash before me, I won't be offended.

PS- I've moved this to the Sell & Swap, as I'm sure you can see! 😊

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the switches bars and adapters are out of my budget range at the moment, but the carb would be worth it. It might be a few weeks before I could put the funds together, so if someone else comes along with the cash before me, I won't be offended.

PS- I've moved this to the Sell & Swap, as I'm sure you can see! 😊
Hey if you want man I can just send you the bar adapters for 30 bucks! You would just have to figure out what controls you would want. I recommend V star controls. Very easy to wire and they look pretty alright too. I feel the carb is going to be sitting around for a while lol. I can hold it for you if you would like

·
Super Moderator
767 Posts
Hey if you want man I can just send you the bar adapters for 30 bucks! You would just have to figure out what controls you would want. I recommend V star controls. Very easy to wire and they look pretty alright too. I feel the carb is going to be sitting around for a while lol. I can hold it for you if you would like
Let me think on the bar adapters. The carb though, I'd like to get that. I'll message you as soon as the funds are available!

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
it very well could be! I love my Vulcan and my iron very much they get all the love. The problem occurs where I’ve already put so much money into the Vulcan and now the engine is split it just doesn’t make sense to fix it anymore.
Are going to do an autopsy on it?

Omni should probably ask about the intake manifold too. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are going to do an autopsy on it?

Omni should probably ask about the intake manifold too. :)
Yeah I’m going to end up doing one since my buddy wants some parts from the engine too. These cylinders only have like 12 K miles on them so I know they’re still good but I have a hunch that the counter balancer exploded. I’m tearing the bike down now as we speak

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’m gonna be doing an ear shave hopefully this winter on mine. I’d be interested in the pieces used to cover the holes were the reed valves got removed as well as were any of the other tubes for the emissions came off the engine. Can’t find kits anymore. I gotta piece it together

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m gonna be doing an ear shave hopefully this winter on mine. I’d be interested in the pieces used to cover the holes were the reed valves got removed as well as were any of the other tubes for the emissions came off the engine. Can’t find kits anymore. I gotta piece it together
Well I’ll be honest I modified mine and filled them with JB Weld to make those reed covers. Also I have a breather with the hose for the front cylinder
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Rim Motor vehicle Fender Auto part

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Everybody's been calling me "Omni", so I guess I must have a new nickname... (I knew my username was too long, lol!!!) Oh well, I like it. Reminds of those OMNI magazines from the late 80's/early 90's.
Or wrestling, TONIGHT, IN THE OMNI! I think I still have a couple of those magazines.

If the name was shortened correctly it's Omin .. Omino.. OD..?? We used to call Doc ODD.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts