Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i want to say if i have any luck its only bad. Hard to imagine but yes a CAR fell on top of my motorcycle. how you may ask it was under a car lift and well the lift decided it didnt want to be part of the team and fell on the whole front half on the motorcycle. He was able to find all the parts and noticed it this morning and had the entire bike apart and new parts back on by the end of the day...HOWEVER i do need a speedometer...let me know if yall have one

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol it wasnt me it was at a shop

the bike was fine under the car lift at night for 2 weeks but for something last night it decided to not be part of the team

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Odd but, Ouch, that sucks for sure...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Freak accident. There are a lot of lifts ADVERTISED to allow you to park two cars in the space of one... Most of the sales pics directed at potential customers show one car parked under the other.

It's odd the car fell. Most have ratchets that click as they go up... and physically lock the platform in place. Was it a big diesel or something, that grossly overloaded the capacity of the lift?

Anyway, good luck getting it all taken care of. His insurance, if he chooses to make a claim, should take care of you... but, they'd probably just total it and cut you/him a check.

Good Luck!

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
...It's odd the car fell. Most have ratchets that click as they go up... and physically lock the platform in place....
Good Luck!
That's what I thought too.......................................

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No it didn't have a lock it is one of the car lifts that are flush on the groundand rise up from underneath and are held up by air and he parked it under it when he left forthe night and it apparently leaked down. All I can say is thank gosh the whole thing wasn't underneath it

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
That would have been a great pic! Sucks of course that it happened. Be sure to check the frame. With that much pressure crunching down on the bike, things might have gotten tweeked. Just a thought. Good deal the fella is fixing it without any hassel though.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I would NOT allow someone to work under a lift without a safety block of some sort, he needs to make mods or get another safer lift...
And, NO I am NOT a fan of OSHA, but some things just require common sense...

·
Registered
363 Posts
me to old dog , i think osha sucks, but with out the pain in the a## osha some work places would not be safe at all.
tough luck on the bike, at least yu dont have to wait long to get back in the saddle. why was it in the shop in the first place ?????????? just asking

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
me to old dog , i think osha sucks, but with out the pain in the a## osha some work places would not be safe at all.
tough luck on the bike, at least yu dont have to wait long to get back in the saddle. why was it in the shop in the first place ?????????? just asking
Don't think he said why it was in the shop... I don't exactly think OSHA sucks, I just think like the EPA, sometimes (most times) they go overboard...
And something that unsafe shoud have only required common sense, even us Rednecks don't get under a vehicle when it's setup as a deadfall (Redneck animal trap)...lol...

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
That sucks dude but at least it fell slow and there was no one under it when it happened. What torture for the bike huh? Sitting there hour after hour just watching this heavyass thing come closer and closer, millimeter by millimeter. How excruciating - poor Vulcan...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He is a good guy and it's allreadyfixed actually just rode it to lunch and it's better than it was before. And the part to fix the lift came it today so it won't happpem to anyone else

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As there for some carb Radiator and vaccum work. He was awesome great price great mechanic great guy. He had to fix ehat the last place screwed up after they charged me 750 dollars. This guy charged me 250 to rebuild the carbs and do all the other work and still had me out on time even with the mishap

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Glad everything turned out ok for you...:rockon:...:rockon:...

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Good luck man. It's like that old story. If I didn't have any bad luck I'd have no luck at all. :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can't be upeat he got it all done and out on time and I put 300 miles on it today alone and no problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts