Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, Im new on this forum but I like it and I hope you can help me:) I bought my VN750 but I have got a problem with restarting it, after a few minute ride. the engine works ok at first but when I stop it and try to restart it it doesn't work. do you also have such problem ?or have you heard of anything like this? I 'd be grateful if u could help me.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
The biggest problem has been with week batterys, try replacing it with a MAintfree one.
Also check your charging system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnx for reply, but the batteries are ok, maybe there is a problem with a starter. after riding it I can't restart the engine:(

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
thnx for reply, but the batteries are ok, maybe there is a problem with a starter. after riding it I can't restart the engine:(
What kind of voltage reading are you getting from your battery at idle? At 4K rpm? What Chad's suggesting is that you rule out a bad charging system (battery drains while you're riding, charging system never kicks in, can't restart after a short trip). Your readings should be 12.7volts or so at idle, and close to 14v when you're at higher rpms. If that's not happening, post your results and we can all walk you through how to check other aspects of your charging system.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Trust them when they say it's the battery. If you do not have a "maintenance free" style battery, get one and chnces are your problem will disappear. They bikes are notorious for being hard to restart when hot. Problem goes away after installing the stronger MF battery. I used to dread stopping mine to get gas because it was such a pain to restart. Not anymore!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx for suggestions. I have 13,5v at idle so that seems ok. It's not about the batteries since I took one even from diesel, so batteries are ok for sure. my mechanic said it can be connected with the plugs' heat ( I mean parameters). did u have a problem like this? thnx for replies:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a similar problem. Try cleaning the starter push button and the cable connected to the starter. Worked for me. good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts