Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I get my air filter foam from the riding lawn mower section at my local hardware store. Red K&N oil works great and a can lasts for several years. Warm soap and water is all I use for the filter foam.
Tin Aluminum can Beverage can Tin can Drink

Dog Comfort Wood Flooring Knee

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
I get my air filter foam from the riding lawn mower section at my local hardware store. Red K&N oil works great and a can lasts for several years. Warm soap and water is all I use for the filter foam.
View attachment 54842

View attachment 54843
Lol, I still have a can I bought in the 80s, getting low though.

Briggs says to use motor oil, which is alright, but that filter oil is the stickiest oil you'll ever see.

I think motor oil is probably harder to apply to gauze filters, like K&Ns. Can't really wring those out.

·
Registered
854 Posts
When I bought my '89 (RIP), the PO had put K&N filters in there. When I replaced the '89, I kept those and put them in my current bike. I can take a look to see if they have a model number on them if you're interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea, those are toast... K&N makes a set of filters .....https://www.knfilters.com/ka-7586-replacement-air-filter I've been using them for the past 3 years without issue. Just remember to clean them from time to time. they are currently out of stock, but amazon had them and if you want to get gouged a bit revzilla has them.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts