Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instructions can be found elsewhere on the site, I just wanted to get the parts list in one place since I've asked it myself and seen it asked many times since.

NOTES:
If you're doing the stator, do the dampers. If you're doing the dampers, inspect the stator.
And a little tidbit Spockster mentioned after installing his balancer 180 degrees off:
"Always remember, the largest hole in the damper gear, remains empty."

Tools Needed:
-metric sockets/hex keys/screwdrivers, etc.
-floor jack to remove engine
-friend to help (the engine is HEAVY!)
-Ft-lb torque wrench capable of torquing counterclockwise
-rotor puller bolt (M18x1.5 threads)
-Thread locker for balancer gear bolt

Parts Needed:
-stator (check for latest recommendations on brand/source)
-Rubber Dampers:
-- 92075-1747 (x4)
-- 92075-1748 (x2)
-Stator Cover Rubber gaskets:
-- 92055-109 (x3)
-- 92055-1319 (x1)
-Stator Case Paper Gasket:
-- 11060-1089 (x1)
-Exhaust Crush Gaskets:
-- 11060-1119 (x2)

Other recommendations:
-Upgrade the R/R to a MosFet or Series style if you haven't already; all it takes is a little crimping/soldering and to fabricate a simple mounting bracket. (FH020AA or SH775 style, can be found used by searching for a FZ-09 regulator or a Polaris 800 regulator on eBay. Brand new kits available at Roadstercycle. SH775's are supposedly better for stator longevity, but MosFets are still way better than stock R/R's. Get the Furikawa QLW-250 connectors for a waterproof R/R install)

·
Thats 'Mr' Jr Member
249 Posts
Instructions can be found elsewhere on the site, I just wanted to get the parts list in one place since I've asked it myself and seen it asked many times since.

NOTES:
If you're doing the stator, do the dampers. If you're doing the dampers, inspect the stator.
And a little tidbit Spockster mentioned after installing his balancer 180 degrees off:
"Always remember, the largest hole in the damper gear, remains empty."

Tools Needed:
-metric sockets/hex keys/screwdrivers, etc.
-floor jack to remove engine
-friend to help (the engine is HEAVY!)
-Ft-lb torque wrench capable of torquing counterclockwise
-rotor puller bolt (M18x1.5 threads)
-Thread locker for balancer gear bolt

Parts Needed:
-stator (check for latest recommendations on brand/source)
-Rubber Dampers:
-- 92075-1747 (x4)
-- 92075-1748 (x2)
-Stator Cover Rubber gaskets:
-- 92055-109 (x3)
-- 92055-1319 (x1)
-Stator Case Paper Gasket:
-- 11060-1089 (x1)
-Exhaust Crush Gaskets:
-- 11060-1119 (x2)

Other recommendations:
-Upgrade the R/R to a MosFet or Series style if you haven't already; all it takes is a little crimping/soldering and to fabricate a simple mounting bracket. (FH020AA or SH775 style, can be found used by searching for a FZ-09 regulator or a Polaris 800 regulator on eBay. Brand new kits available at Roadstercycle. SH775's are supposedly better for stator longevity, but MosFets are still way better than stock R/R's. Get the Furikawa QLW-250 connectors for a waterproof R/R install)

This is great! Thanx Uber. :smiley_th

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
if you have trouble finding a bolt to use for pulling the flywheel (M18x1.5), the large headed bolt that holds a spring in place near the top of head (on timing chain side) fits, buts its a wee bit short.

I used it, and put a small socket inside the bolt to extend its length, worked ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts