Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so when I got my bike the front forks leaked and were very soft. The tires were Dunlop Elite 3 and had a good amount of tread on them. I had a friend of mine take it to his buddys shop to re-seal the forks and he said the tires were junk on it. They looked fine to me but not knowing much about street bikes I went along with it and on the advice of this forum went with the oversize front and rear tire. I got a shinko tourmaster for the front and a Kenda for the rear (everyplace online I checked was out of Shinko rear tires in that size). I read alot of reviews on the tires before I bought them and was confident about the choice.
ANyway I picked up the bike tonight and took it out for a ride. WOW! What a difference! No longer does it flop into turns almost buck me off on rough patches of road. Feels solid as a rock at high speeds. Carves up twisty roads like a dream. I have to admit I bought this bike as a throw away starter bike but I was really diggin it tonight. I still kinda cringe at the look of it (sorry Vulcan fans) but it really performs. Not so sure I'll be able to part with it even when I buy the bike I want. Its just plain fun!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts