Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I am in the process of replacing my Stator and took the engine and stator cover off. I plan to buy the original Kawasaki Stator just to make sure it's what came with bike and will last a few years.

What type of sealant do you recommend to use around the grommet housing, so it won't leak? I think my new Stator comes with a new grommet and I don't have to seal inside the wire holes.

I've read mix reviews about the Pyrmatex Blue, Black and gray, stating they may get loose and clogg internal oil engine ports.

Clymer manual doesn't say to seal around the generator cover gasket , nor seal around the grommet.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
If you are doing a strait swap you should be able to just use specified gaskets/gromets without sealant

However, if needed, Permatex "the right stuff" has always done me right. I pretty much constructed my stator cover gasket out of it.

·
Registered
7,927 Posts
I used some high-temp silicone (red), odd name brand that the power plant used. Light coat on the cover gasket (one side just to hold in place) and filled the grooves in the grommets about halfway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts