Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
hey as far as rain gear goes, for that price get the nelson rigg's ax-1. its cheaper, and has great reviews... mine is on order now. i'll let ya know how it works out as i am in texas and we have huge storms 1-2 times a week when i ride home (8pm). i paid 41.99 for mine plus ship. i can hunt down the site for ya if u want.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
What a great deal..

Hey, that is a great deal for storage, should order one just as a backup.

Will be reducing the size of my bike pic, when I get time to fool around
with Adobe Photoshop. :motorcycl

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
The link for the trunk isn't working now bit..
A couple of people have bought "a" trunk for their bikes from JCWhitney. You need the luggage rack for mounting. They have all been happy with it.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Has anybody tried Frogg Toggs, I have found some and thinking of buying them. Price is about the same around $50 foe a sute.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
As far as rear rack storage options, I've been looking at regular, smaller suitcases (nylon type, not hardsided). Some out there look like they'd work just fine, and don't have the apperance of 'regular' luggage.
I was looking at the ones with the pull out handle. With the handle pulled up, it adds support for strapping on a dufflebag or something.
I'm the 'MacGyver' type, and like making what I need from items not usually used for what I make them for.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Hey! Me too! I go to home depot for something, and they have learned not to ask me what it's for. That means that they would have to think, and they aren't paid for that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got the Nelson Riggs ax-1 rain gear at the suggestion of a friend who has been riding a lot longer than I have and he was right, it's great! Looks good and works well. I hav pics of it in my picture folders. I also got, at the same time, a Nelson Riggs mini touring bag for the back of my bike that goes on the luggage rack or just fits right over the back of the seat and straps on, and has a roll bag that goes on top and rain shields for both. It was only $70 and it's awesome! I dont like to keep my saddlebags on as they interfere with the passengers foot pegs so I needed something to carry my rain gear and things, that went on the back of the bike. It fits the bill perfectly. Nelson-Riggs makes some good quality affordable gear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts