Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching one of the biker build-offs the other day and one of the mods they did was to install a twist clutch. I liked the look of it and was considering making one myself.

Question is, has anyone rode a bike with a twist clutch instead of a lever? How's the learning curver compared to a lever? I'm afraid I'll make the mod and not like it or find it annoying while riding.

Any opinions?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
134 Posts
I saw that this week too on the build-off show and thought that was very trick! I'd like to see that on production bikes soon.

-Bruce
Detroit

Metz ME880
Electrex R/R
WestCo
Coasters
Pro-Tac
Dex-Cool
Jardine Posa bar
Galfer SS lines
Progressive suspension

·
Registered
65 Posts
For my money, I'd buy the Russ Mitchell (Exile) bike over ANY of the others on those build-offs, period. That guy nailed it with that bike.

That being said, the clutch would take some getting used to. I like the squeeze (but those were come CLEAN bars!). I'm not sure that people are coordinated enough to do that much twisting at once!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I saw that episode too and immediately wanted to do that to mine. I bet any kit out there is for 1" bars though.

As far as the learning curve, I'll bet you'd pick up on it pretty quick. Only problem is that depending on how far you have to twist it, it might start to hurt your wrist after a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts