Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have embarked on the mod, so far all is going well. cut my cover and ground down the outer cover, everything seems to be fitting nicely but since the bike is tore down I'm using the original grommett and wire diagram, if stator fails in the future I will cut the wires and leave intact and notch my outer cover then. not posting pics since it has been done a few times. still have to order all my gaskets and dampers so in this time while I wait ive been cleaning up the covers and frame of oil that leaked all over. i'm not rushing the job but am pretty anxious to get back on the road and hopefully see some of you all down in hocking hills!
A couple special thanks to gcextreme for the plate and to emtdon for the bolt to pull my rotor, also tuxedoseven for the mod itself and of course to all on here for their dedication to keeping this an awesome forum!! you might start seeing more of me again when I have a running bike!!!!!!!!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My stator is still good for the moment.had an oil leak and replacing the dampers while I'm in there.the leak was from stator replacement four years ago.doing the mod as a precautionary while I'm at it.I just wonder out of all that has done the mod or tocs has had to replace it since.I know a few have replaced two and three without having done the mod but it seems like once they do the mod no more failure which is fine by me.Just cause im doing the mod,, doesn't mean I want to use it Lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts