Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The running lights work, the flashers work, turn L or R does nothing. Haven't had time to dig in yet. I figure a relay or something in the actual turn signal switch?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
The running lights work, the flashers work, turn L or R does nothing. Haven't had time to dig in yet. I figure a relay or something in the actual turn signal switch?
You are on the money with your thoughts.
It's not your lights (wiring), all else works.

:smiley_th +1

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
The flashers runn off the same stuff as the signals....its gotta be the switch on the bars....take the assembly apart, get some contact cleaner, and spray everything down....also, if you have the auto cancelling, could be an issue with that module, but my bet is on the thumb switch itself...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like the contacts are perfect. I sprayed them with cleaner but didn't help. Any ideas? Could the relay be bad for just the turn part and not flashers?

Attachments

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
there isn't a relay.. just a thermal flashing unit... so if your 4 ways flash, then your turns should flash.

Does the right or left turn signal light up solid when you use the switch? If not, take the switch back apart and try jumping the contacts with a small piece of wire, and the lights should light up and flash, if not, you have a bad section of harness between the turnsignal switch and the red connector behind the left fork cover.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems to be ok now. Took the left fork cover off and pushed on the connector and it worked. Not sure if its a short or just wasn't pushed in all the way. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I knew ya would figure it out... and that was probably your problem this whole time...just remember it for in case of a next time.. I doubt it comes back any time soon... if it does... ziptie the two halve together so they can't separate with out the use of cutting tool (AKA Knife)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew ya would figure it out... and that was probably your problem this whole time...just remember it for in case of a next time.. I doubt it comes back any time soon... if it does... ziptie the two halve together so they can't separate with out the use of cutting tool (AKA Knife)
Good idea. I'll probably put that on my winter to-do list regardless of whether it fails or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know the post is old but maybe someone here could help me. So I'm having a similar issue. I have no turn signals. Running lights work. I hit the hazards and my rear hazards work but hyperflash "not leds" and the front hyperflash with the running lights on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts