Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for reading this. I am in the process of replacing all 4 turn signal indicators on my 85 VN750. My replacement signals have 3 wires (for the front lights) which are red, black and black/white. The wires on the light I removed are blue, gray (or a dirty white) and black/yellow. The wires which they were connected to are blue, green and black/yellow.

Connected like this
signal--------bike(wiring harness)
blue----------blue
gray----------green
black/yellow-----black/yellow

My question is, where do my new signal wires go? I'm guessing black/white---black/yellow, but I'm lost on the others and don't want to screw something up. Thanks for the help.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
you wont mess any thing up... but to make it easier... take of the lens cover, pull out the bulb and look at the contacts... double checking that black/white is the ground... if it is the ground, then the black/white-Black/Yellow is correct, red is usually the marker lights and the red is usually turn signals... I would replace the front ones one at a time to verify with the other side as you do the wiring.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am glad you asked the question. As soon as the wheather gets just a bit better and I get some time, I am changing my signals too. The old turn signals looked like the rubber boots just rotted or the bike was laid down to many times since every turn signal was wrapped in electric tape to keep them together. I'd like to put on some added running lights but just a bit hesitant to with the limited electrical output the bike has.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What bulbs should I put in the markers ? I need to replace both front and back A=and looking for opinions on which bulbs to use. If I go to led which ones do I order ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts