Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked and looked, and I can't find where to get the turn signal relocaters. So, Where?

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found Knifemaker's, but I've seen some bikes that have an extension to the chrome that extends past the factory trunk/sissy bar. I don't know if it comes with a set of bags or not. If I can't find one, I might make something out of wood. The only problem(s) I see with Knifemaker's is that they are down low, and knocking the bike over will probably take a good sized chunk out of the fender. Depending on how the relocation goes, I might try building a dash outta wood too.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
There was someone around here (or at Y! Group) that built a set of saddle bags outta wood. Looked different. Certainly easier to work with than other alternatives.

Not too sure that Knifemaker is taking any orders right now. But I believe he's got a set of plans somewhere to make a similar set.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The Kawasaki saddlebag supports (part # K53021-094) have an extension and parts for relocating the turn indicators. The pictures of the part on the Kawasaki website don't show this, but they are included in the package. The installation instructions list all the components and show clearly how this is done. The helmet locks are also relocated using this support package.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah Ha! Thanks for digging up this old thread and answering!

·
Registered
165 Posts
cegodsey said:
I've looked and looked, and I can't find where to get the turn signal relocaters. So, Where?
If you will check out the pics on my signature it shows the KAW kit and the Leatherlyke relocator kits...

The KAW kit I got from store.azmusa.com anf the leatherlyke from www.hoese.com.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I took a length of flat stock, and did a bit of welding and drilling. Then I got some new beehive lights at an autostore for about 7 bucks for two, and bolted those in. The bracket was bolted to the license plate holder along with the license plate. I was in a hurry, so it looks a bit weird, but its cheap, fast, and works.

Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts