Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the Kaw luggage rack and T/S brackets off Ebay and on the install today I am running into 2 problems and I wnat to make sure of this before I do anything else...

1. With the brackets installed, the T/S elec leads are now too short and cannot reach the connectors. Am i right on this or is there some slack I am missing.. if no slack, i guess i have to splice in some longer wire??

2. The screw that holds on the T/S.. the hole in the bracket is not threaded as the grab rail is.. so I guess i need to get some nut/bolt combo to hold those on??

Also.. what is the tongue on the bracket that points down for???

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
The Tongue is for the helmet locks, as for the screws.. yes you are going to need to find nuts for them. The original turn signal relocate brackets came with extensions. so yes you are going to need to splice in longer wires.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
at least with getting new screws and bolts, it makes it OK that I had to drill out one of the original mount screws

·
2,504 Posts
I think you are talking about the tongue that hangs down with 1 hole in it. That would be to mount saddle bag brackets if you have them. The helmet locks get relocated at the back.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just to clarify.. i've seen many of those saddlebag supports and if one end goes on that tongue, then where does the other end go.. It looks like both ends would connect at the grab rails??

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
just to clarify.. i've seen many of those saddlebag supports and if one end goes on that tongue, then where does the other end go.. It looks like both ends would connect at the grab rails??
The way the fender rails are curved one end goes in the rail and the other goes in the tab as mentioned before.It mounts that way to make the bottom of the support level and therefore supporting your bag even from front to back.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I picked up the Kaw luggage rack and T/S brackets off Ebay and on the install today I am running into 2 problems and I wnat to make sure of this before I do anything else...

1. With the brackets installed, the T/S elec leads are now too short and cannot reach the connectors. Am i right on this or is there some slack I am missing.. if no slack, i guess i have to splice in some longer wire??

2. The screw that holds on the T/S.. the hole in the bracket is not threaded as the grab rail is.. so I guess i need to get some nut/bolt combo to hold those on??

Also.. what is the tongue on the bracket that points down for???
The way the fender rails are curved one end goes in the rail and the other goes in the tab as mentioned before.It mounts that way to make the bottom of the support level and therefore supporting your bag even from front to back.
Does the second picture on this thread help you visualize it?
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9851

Also shows the signals and helmet locks mounted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts