Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...just a thought but today while heading home from the Bronx I came upon a Honda Shadow. I was looking at his (gotta word this right cegodsey is lurking around lol) I mean his bikes rear end and I noticed the way the turn signals are incorporated into the licence plate bracket/light. it might be an easy swap to switch ours out and replace with the shadows,maybe just a slight build up or grind out to get it to mate against our fenders.
just an idea

·
Registered
495 Posts
TrashLord said:
hey all...just a thought but today while heading home from the Bronx I came upon a Honda Shadow. I was looking at his (gotta word this right cegodsey is lurking around lol) I mean his bikes rear end and I noticed the way the turn signals are incorporated into the licence plate bracket/light. it might be an easy swap to switch ours out and replace with the shadows,maybe just a slight build up or grind out to get it to mate against our fenders.
just an idea
looking at a shadow's rear end and grinding what out? you don't have to be Cegodsey to play with that one!

I have given up on the relocation. I bought bags that open so I don't have to move them! They come with a u-shaped zipper, no flap. wahoo! :pepper:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kait said:
looking at a shadow's rear end and grinding what out?
if you removed the vulcan licence plate bracket and replaced it with the shadows ( which has the turn signals mounted to it) it might not mate up perfectly to the vulcans fender...so then you would need to either fill in the gaps or grind some out in order to get it to mate up. :smiley_th

·
Geek
872 Posts
Doesn't cegodsey have turn signal relocation pics in the gallery ?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes he does...mounted to the brake light assembly

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Here it is, in written form as well.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Cegodsey, why did you relocate the turn signals anyway? And what did you do to cover up the gaping wound in the grab bars?

Didn't you already have bags on the bike?

Oh, and what about the helmet locks? What did you do with them?

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
My bags are HUGE. They cost my wife all of 65 bucks, new, from that biker place in Sedona AZ. They are made out of Himalyan leather. Which means, probably Wookie leather - whatever they are, they're thick and hard. Unbendable. With frazzles. And because they are so big, and unbendable, they required removal of the turn signals to be able to get them open, and certainly open enough to get my laptop in.

As to the hole - it's there.

As to the helmet locks. Well, I haven't gotten that far, but when I went to the main campus, I figured it would be best to lock the helmet (you know how universities are). So, I lifted up the left bag and locked it in.

·
Registered
495 Posts
so your bags are throw overs? do you have any supports?

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Or throw betweens. No supports.

·
Registered
495 Posts
AHA! so no supports, that could explain why they look so limp....

:pepper:

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
I set myself up, didn't I?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Finally, I gotcha! you don't leave yourself open very often, so I had to take advantage of it when you did.

:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

WAHOOOOO!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts