Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FastHamFreddy
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with my right turn signal, when I go to turn it on there is no flashing on the dash or the blinkers, and it does not even click. My left turn signals work as they should.

I cannot find a short from the wires causing the issue, is it possible the problem is the turn signal relay?

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
well, both left and right turn signal circuits as well as the hazard circuits all use the same pins on the flasher, I am not gonna go to that yet, althought they are cheap to replace if you want to just because.

if you turn on the hazard flasher, does the right side work?

·
FastHamFreddy
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Michigan,

with the hazard lights on, the right side still does not work. It won't flash at the dash or the blinkers.

After looking at the wiring diagram, the only wire I believe it could be related to is the gray wire that goes from the front right blinker, to the right turn signal indicator from the dash, the turn signal switch, hazard switch, and the rear right blinker. Both of the grounds work that are related to the blinkers.

·
FastHamFreddy
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the bulbs are good. I even switched the blinkers from the left side (working) over to the right side but got the same thing. No flashing, no clicking, nothing.

·
FastHamFreddy
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the running lights work great.

What I do not understand at all is, if I unplug all blinkers front and back, left and right, and turn on the left blinker switch, I still get a blink and click from the left turn signal indicator on the dash. When I turn on the right turn signal on with no blinkers plugged in, there is no blinking on the dash, and no click.

I will look over the wire again and see what I can find. Not like I have never missed anything before. I will also check the voltage when I buy another one... Thats what I get for lending tools to family...

·
FastHamFreddy
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it possible the right turn switch is dirty?

·
FastHamFreddy
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The blinker switch was dirty.

I did not think to look there first because when I took apart the push start button side it was very clean.

Thanks!

·
FastHamFreddy
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hate to bring up old s*** (insert plunger joke) but I am having trouble with my right turn signal again.

I have the clicking now, but when I switch on the right blinkers I get no light from the dash or the blinkers. I pulled apart the housing again and gave the copper an extra good scrubbing, but still nothing.

Is it time to cup up the wire covers and start following wires?

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts