Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after the hevy rain my relay is dead on my vn700. so i need to buy new one. problem is, that on that old relay the numbers are erased, unreadable. what should i look in the shop, universal 12 v relay?!

thx

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
after the hevy rain my relay is dead on my vn700. so i need to buy new one. problem is, that on that old relay the numbers are erased, unreadable. what should i look in the shop, universal 12 v relay?!

thx
Flasher number is FA249ED 12.8 volt. You can by a universal at Auto Zone. I just replaced mine with their EP34 which is LED compatible ( for my LED bulbs )

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Flasher number is FA249ED 12.8 volt. You can by a universal at Auto Zone. I just replaced mine with their EP34 which is LED compatible ( for my LED bulbs )
Is that all I would need to do to my 750 to use LED bulbs? Is it plu and play or is there wiring involved? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Is that all I would need to do to my 750 to use LED bulbs? Is it plu and play or is there wiring involved? Thanks!
Plug and play. Just unplug the old one and plug in the new one. Done

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Plug and play. Just unplug the old one and plug in the new one. Done
That's cool. I thought I was going to need to wire in a load balancer to use LED signals. Will the dash lights need to be converted as well?

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
That's cool. I thought I was going to need to wire in a load balancer to use LED signals. Will the dash lights need to be converted as well?
No, I didn't on mine and everything works as it should.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would anyone have a cross reference number for an after market flasher for regular lights. thannks

·
Registered
5 Posts
EP34 is a 3 pin

so just plug it right into the factory plug on the bike should be good to go then. thanks again..

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks michiganteddybear worked great. The little lady is happy again. "happy wife means happy life" lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
+1 on the EP34. Bought a project 86 750 and the electrical has been a disaster. Pulled the old relay (PO had the wrong one for incandescent or LED) and popped in an EP34 and all the turn signals, 4-ways, and indicator light worked.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts