Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue with my turm signals. The right side (front and rear) do not work when I turn the switch or put my hazards on. The front right running light still works though. The left side works fine.

I have replaced the bulbs, cleaned the terminals in the sockets, tore the switch apart and cleaned the contacts. I have no idea what else it could be. The only thing I could think of is the relay but I was not sure if that could be it.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
It sounds like you have done all the right things so far. If the left side signals and hazards are working properly, then you have power into the switch and out to the left side, and can eliminate the relay as the problem too. Check for power out at the right turn and hazard switches.

The following info comes from the wiring diagram and pages 325 and 326 in the Clymers Manual. I not sure where the multi-pin connectors are located on the bike.

The hazard switch in the "OFF" position should have no continuity between any of the 3 wires. In the "ON" position there should be continuity between all 3 wires, (Orange/Green, Gray, and Dark green).

The turn signal switch in the "OFF" position has continuity between 3 wires, the White/Green, Black/Yellow and White/Red.
"ON" LEFT SIDE - between White/Red and L/W (Blue/White); also between Dark green and Orange.
"ON" RIGHT SIDE - between W/R and L/W (L= BLUE); also between Orange and Gray.
I`m sure lance or someone else with more electrical savvy than me will be able to provide more help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts