Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right rear turn signal quit working (getting fast blink when I move the switch to signal right turn). I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot much yet but here's some initial info:

- Front bulbs are both good (signals and running lights work)
- problem is not the bulb (swapped rear turn signal bulbs - problem stays on right)
- One coincidence that might be related - the problem showed up during a weekend when the bike was in a light rain for several hours (24+).

Just looking for any advice on where to start. From one other thread I read I will check the wiring/ground starting from the signal housing.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
What a coincidence...I had my rear right turn signal stop working this weekend. in my case one of the bullet connectors had come loose. Easy enough to fix just kind of a pain to remove the seat and all to get to it. :)

I would start checking the wire from the turn signal all the way up. If it stopped working after being in the rain it could be moisture in a connector somewhere...maybe even in the signal itself...and that could be causing a short. Look for worn wires that could be shorting or loose connectors. Things like that.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like some sort of weird conspiracy :)

As I was writing my first post I was picturing the bullet connectors under the seat. That's where I will start.

Thanks for the thoughts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
X2 on the connector under the seat.

Fast blink indicates a bulb is out or not connected.

The bullet connections under the seat could be either loose, disconnected, or DIRTY.

·
Registered
126 Posts
any updates?
how did you make out with this issue? what fixed it?
Its nice when the outcome is posted. It helps out a lot more that way and can give someone else a heads up in doing their own repairs and troubleshooting.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its nice when the outcome is posted. It helps out a lot more that way and can give someone else a heads up in doing their own repairs and troubleshooting.

I was thinking about this today. Actually, I haven't been able to look into it - haven't even been able to ride since I started this thread. I'm hoping to look into this weekend.

And I will definitely let everyone know what I find.

Thanks for checking up on me :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
just looking out for a fellow 06 owner.... :smiley_th
We gotta stick together !!!

Everybody's suspicions were correct. It was simply a loose connection under the seat. Quick and easy find and fix.

Not that it warrants a picture but I took one anyway

Attachments

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Usually its a grounding problem when it blinks fast like that (my K-Blazer does it too). I switched to Yamaha signals which are single wire, they rely on the mount for a ground. Theyre also 2 piece. Mine got wonky and was intermittent. I just laid a tack weld to where the 2 parts meet. All fixed.
I could have added an extra ground wire, but didnt feel like removing the signal and soldering.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts