Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I got tired of my front right turn signal rubber stalk being cracked and bendy so I bought a new one. I will make a slight plug- Dark Horse got me the part for under $20 and I got it 3 days later. Not shabby.

I was just curious how difficult it is to replace. I did a search and found this:

"For the new complete ones, you simply disconnect the bullet connectors on the wires, remove the screw holding the signal on, turn the signal 90°, and pull the whole thing out. Stick the new one in, turn it, screw it down, and hook up the new wires."

How hard it is to get to the bullet connectors? Am I going to be removing the tank?
 

·
Giggity!
Joined
·
4,307 Posts
No tank removal required here. I believe the connectors come together inside the head light housing. This is a fairly easy & quick job. It should take you about 20 min & that's if your taking your time. =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 45 and sunny so if it took longer- I won't be freezing my fingers off.
 

·
Sparky!!!
Joined
·
8,697 Posts
the connectors are in fact inside the headlight bucket. very easy to find. The hardest part might actually be a stuck screw... but still should only take 20-30 minutes. If every thing goes right... you should be looking at about 5 minutes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it took about 10. Interesting item for people doing this in the future (dunno if it is specific to the Dark Horse turn signal replacement or not)- the wires are different colors. The bullet connectors on the bike were white, black w/ white stripe, blue. The replacement was black w/ white stripe, black, red.

Took two tries, but I think the correct replacement wire colors (old to replacement) were: black w/ white stripe to black w/ white stripe, white to red, blue to black.
 

·
Sparky!!!
Joined
·
8,697 Posts
the "new" lights weren't kawasaki specific. if it was a genuine kawa part, then colors would have matched. but glad to hear you got it fixed and working.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top