Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I found one at Advance with the clip but he is right it will look just like yours or it may be round if it is old school,just make sure it is not thermally operated.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I guess I'll be sending this one back then.

Wonder why they say it'll work when it clearly won't... Odd.

The new signal LEDs look great, though. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Autozone FL-34 or EP-34. Have used both on my '98. Not sure what the difference is, put a EP-34 on last year. It got water in it when I washed the bike this spring and stopped working, then put on a FL-34. It works fine. Cut off the old rubber hanger taped it to the new unit. Also hopefully did a better job of sealing the bottom seams with sealant this time. $13.16 including tax.

Ron

·
Registered
748 Posts
Autozone FL-34 or EP-34. Have used both on my '98. Not sure what the difference is, put a EP-34 on last year. It got water in it when I washed the bike this spring and stopped working, then put on a FL-34. It works fine. Cut off the old rubber hanger taped it to the new unit. Also hopefully did a better job of sealing the bottom seams with sealant this time. $13.16 including tax.

Ron
asbrand, that's the part # I mentioned in my reply to your PM that I've been looking for. As I said in that PM, I've got a round half dozen different 3-prong electronic flashers from parts houses that are supposed to work with LEDs, and won't work on the 750; the one Ron mentions here will work.

Jim

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well, I already picked one up that supposedly works with LED. I'll check the part number before I open it and see if it is the one you guys mention. I can always take it back and exchange it if it isn't.

Thanks for the help!

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Turns out I had purchased an EP-34 last night. Already installed. Works great.

Thanks for all the help folks!

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Also just got my tail light LED board from Moto Lume. Works great!

Question: Is the brake light supposed to come on when you use the front brake? Cuz mine don't, apparently. Just when I use the rear brake.

Also...when the key is turned in the "on" position, the front turn signals are lit as running lights, as is the tail light. However, the rear turn signals don't. They only come on when flashing for a turn. Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Also just got my tail light LED board from Moto Lume. Works great!

Question: Is the brake light supposed to come on when you use the front brake? Cuz mine don't, apparently. Just when I use the rear brake.

Also...when the key is turned in the "on" position, the front turn signals are lit as running lights, as is the tail light. However, the rear turn signals don't. They only come on when flashing for a turn. Is this normal?
yes on the front brake light ,there is s witch on the front brake lever that may be stuck or just broken, the rear lights and every thing else is normal.

·
Registered
748 Posts
yes on the front brake light ,there is s witch on the front brake lever that may be stuck or just broken, the rear lights and every thing else is normal.
Or, and this is usually what happens, one wire comes loose from the front switch. The switch is located under the lever mounting part of the master cylinder.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Or, and this is usually what happens, one wire comes loose from the front switch. The switch is located under the lever mounting part of the master cylinder.
Hmmm....that's the rectangle box next to the front brake lever, yes?

(yes, I'm mechanically an idiot)

Do I have to take that off to get to the switch?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I just realized you've got the earlier MC; the switch is a little black plastic box about 1/4" thick on the front of the MC, between the lever and the brake hose, below the sight glass. It's held on with a single countersunk Phillips-head machine screw. Shouldn't have to take it off; the two wires come off the bottom of the switch, and on my '87 are angled toward the forks.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I just realized you've got the earlier MC; the switch is a little black plastic box about 1/4" thick on the front of the MC, between the lever and the brake hose, below the sight glass. It's held on with a single countersunk Phillips-head machine screw. Shouldn't have to take it off; the two wires come off the bottom of the switch, and on my '87 are angled toward the forks.
Cool... I'll take a look tomorrow. Just got back from a weekend camping trip and am now at work.

If the switch is bad...are they expensive to replace?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts