Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get the connectors for the rear lights, turn signals in partcular. A supplier or part number would be appreciated. I am installing Leather Lyke hardbags and need to relocate the turn signals. I need to make extensions for the existing wiring. I dont want to have to cut and splice in case I want to undo the mod.

Thanks

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
They are simple pin connectors. Go to your Napa store and see what they have.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Glad you asked--got a new (to me) 'puter, and am having to rebuild my Favorites list...

http://www.vintageconnections.com/

NAPA doesn't have the right size; too big

Jim

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Glad you asked--got a new (to me) 'puter, and am having to rebuild my Favorites list...

http://www.vintageconnections.com/

NAPA doesn't have the right size; too big

Jim
The VN750 doesn't use the big bullet connectors that the rest of the Vulcans use for the turn signals and such. Instead they use a different type of pin connector that is about 1.5mm thick. I've never seen that one at Vintage Connections. I have seen old Ford style connectors at Napa that work as well as anything else for the VN750 turn signals.

Otherwise, I would just cut off the odd-duck connectors on the VN750 and put in regular bullets. It's easier...

·
Registered
748 Posts
The VN750 doesn't use the big bullet connectors that the rest of the Vulcans use for the turn signals and such. Instead they use a different type of pin connector that is about 1.5mm thick. I've never seen that one at Vintage Connections. I have seen old Ford style connectors at Napa that work as well as anything else for the VN750 turn signals.

Otherwise, I would just cut off the odd-duck connectors on the VN750 and put in regular bullets. It's easier...
Thanks, BD; I hadn't ordered from 'em yet, and haven't gotten around to measuring the pin connectors, so didn't know that. I do know they have the right spade connectors, and some of the nylon blocks are the same.

There was another site I had bookmarked on the old 'puter that I haven't found again yet, that did have the right pin connectors; just gotta get the time to go searching again...

I've been lucky enuff to have pieces of wiring harness layin' around, and haven't had to go buying anything yet. <g>

Jim

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The whole idea was NOT to do any cutting & splicing. If I am going to cut off the connectors to put on a different size, I may as well just splice. I will wait to find the smaller connectors. Local auto part stores carry the larger 4mm connectors. I already had a bunch of them from when I fused the stator. If anyone finds the smaller ones I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts