Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. I just replaced my led flashers with a defferent style led flasher wired everything exactly the same now when i use my left turn signal it triggers the hazards ( all four blinkers come on) any ideas what may be causing this?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Nothing easy comes to mind.... except that the leds only conduct electricity in one direction. If, for example, the wiring has ended up that the lights are in series, applying power to the front of the chain would light them all up, but applying power to the middle would only light up the downstream light. It doesn't seem like it would be possible to get the stock harness to do this just at the signals themselves. Have you touched the control switches at all?

Does the hazard switch work as expected when both signals are off?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing easy comes to mind.... except that the leds only conduct electricity in one direction. If, for example, the wiring has ended up that the lights are in series, applying power to the front of the chain would light them all up, but applying power to the middle would only light up the downstream light. It doesn't seem like it would be possible to get the stock harness to do this just at the signals themselves. Have you touched the control switches at all?

Does the hazard switch work as expected when both signals are off?
no i have not touched the controls... And yes the hazards work as expected

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
When you plug your old signals in, do they work properly.. or does the issue persist?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The only thing I can imagine is that one of your left turn signal ground wires ended up spliced to the positive lead of a right turn signal. If you're sure that it's a 1 to 1 splice with no Ys, then that doesn't seem possible.

I can see the back right signal in the picture, but does the front right signal for sure come on with the left signals?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts