Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear turn signal went out and I assumed it was the bulb so I changed it. (It was actually a wire connector that pulled apart, but that's not the point.) I decided to replace all four bulbs so I took one rear and one front to the dealer and got replacements. The new rears work fine but the fronts wont go in; I can't turn it to the right and lock it in. They look the same on the outside, including the placement of the knobs. Any suggestions?

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Yeah you probably have single filament bulbs that your trying to put in front. They're 2 filament in front (1157 I think?? Been a while lol) but the pins on the two types of bulbs are different. So they wont fit in the wrong socket.

I just read your post again, by knobs you mean the pins on the bulb shaft? Aren't they offset? Maybe turn it 180 degrees. Can't imagine why they wouldn't fit if they look the same as what came outa there.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I pulled all my signal bulbs 2 years ago to check for corrosion, clean the inside of the lens etc. I had a devil of a time turning them 90* to push back into the socket and make sure the locating/locking knobs were in the correct slot.

Are you sure you have the high and low knobs in the correct slots?
Even when the knobs are in the right slots and the bulb slides down into the socket, it can be challenging to turn them in to lock.
Walk away from it and try again in the morning after a good nights sleep. Probably slip right in. :smiley_th

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Maybe try some electrical grease on them too. Will help keep corrosion at bay also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts