Discussion Starter #1
i am afraid i need info on colour codes for this turn signal, here it is:

old turn signal: 1 wire black and yellow
1 wire grey
1 wire blue

new turn signal: 1 wire black and white
1 wire red
1 wire white

so far i figure that the 2 colour one is the same but the other ones are unknown, i checked all wiring diagrams that i have and none refers to these colours.

any help ?

thanks

·
2,502 Posts
I ran into the same thing, just swap the 2 back & forth and test it till it works correctly. You got a 50/50 shot at getting it right the 1st time.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I replaced mine with Yamaha single wire signals...they rely on frame grounding...Kawi adds an extra wire to ground stuff....my single wire with frame ground, all functions work....flashers, running, turn....
PM me your email, and I can send you a really Hi Res wiring diagram (large file)....I have good net connections to Quebec and Ontario...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, what does pm means, sorry kind of dumb for short forms, i will gladly do so, you seem to care about us northerners american friends. Oui, je suis d'origine francaise en amerique, mes ancetres sont arrives a Quebec en 1663,

well seems like friday night got the better of me, so far i understand that the groud wire is the same as the old one, but wondering if positive is a non issue if both my front turn signal are wired the same....guess i have to check the parallel colour code for the back turnng signal???

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
@ Jeankawa: PM means Private Message. Left click the user's name above the thread and a drop down menu will give you the option. Return messages will appear in BOLD print on the right side of your screen near the top of the forum.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fixed

connected the battery back and tried my wire connections, they were reversed but ground was ok, working fine now....one more thing before the launch this spring.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
connected the battery back and tried my wire connections, they were reversed but ground was ok, working fine now....one more thing before the launch this spring.
...Not sure I understand this.....

???

:smiley_th

·
2,502 Posts
...Not sure I understand this.....

???

:smiley_th
The wires on the new turn signals were different colors and he switched them till it worked.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts