Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
VN 750 1994 RED/BLACK/SILVER
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so looking for the low down on..

The stock air- filters, what is wrong with them are they too restrictive, if they are used with K & N filters does this improve things and if K & N are fitted, does this I assume, mean re-jetting the carburettors or are the filters within tolerance limits with carburettor adjustment?

The Exhaust and Silencer system is this mega or moderately restrictive? Is the Goat's belly a bad thing in itself, (weighty), if it is removed, a balancer pipe, I assume will be required for engine gas flow and breathing as well as physical rigidity of the system.

What bhp gains are there to be released, and where do they kick in, generally?

Is the engine made more powerful, where does the power gained rest, throughout the range linear like or just at the top-end?
In anticipation....

·
Registered
741 Posts
I switched to the K&N VN750 filter replacements when I first purchased the bike in 2008 and they do improve performance. I use K&N filters in my autos as well. No rejecting required if you use the K&N direct replacements for the OEM filter.

·
Registered
VN 750 1994 RED/BLACK/SILVER
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, on my other bikes I have used "Hi-Flow" filter foam mesh and not as yet used K & N's. The Eliminator air-filter, has to be cut to size and put in a sliding filter housing that filters for the whole air-box. We were always advised in the UK that from, the whole air-box to silencer system was crucial to act as one unit for functional flexible power across the rpm range on the smaller fours!

K & N's are initially, expensive! Do you use the requisite cleaner and oil?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts