Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just order a new set of Metzeler ME880 110/90-19 Front and the 170/80-15 for the Rear.

The guy at the shop is telling me Vulcan's run tubes in the tires. I checked the bike, manual and everything looks tubeless to me. I'm guessing he's wrong?

Is there any advantage to putting a tube in?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Niterider. I just called to cancell the tube. I was hoping to get an angled stem, but they wanted $30 for it. I'll stay with stock for now.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Dude sounds dishonest! First trying to get you to buy tubes, then 30 for an angled stem? Books can be wrong, but one look at your bike should tell him its tubeless! Mag wheels don't usually need tubes....

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
I would certainly look at either an angled stem for the rear tire, or a very LOW PROFILE straight stem. Otherwise, you'll be just like the rest of us and have a hard time filling your rear tire all the time. Take a look at THIS ANGELED ONE. Then look at THIS LOW PROFILE ONE.

BTW, this guy at the shop, do you trust him? Shouldn't he know that vulcans don't use tubes?

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Got straight 3/4" rubber stems for $2 each at NAPA. Didn't ask about metal stems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts