Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first post here. put on the vance and hines pipes, no problems other than the popping. got some coasters off ebay put them on and removed the reed valves and hoses. i plugged the small hose on the carb that goes to the valves. ajusted the carbs out 2 1/2 turns and adjusted all the way to 3 1/2 on the carb where the backfiring is happening,nothing helped. its only backfiring on the leftside pipe, yet it didnt backfire til coastering? could a bad coaster gasket on the left side caus this? any ideas?
thanks
-matt

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
first post here. put on the vance and hines pipes, no problems other than the popping. got some coasters off ebay put them on and removed the reed valves and hoses. i plugged the small hose on the carb that goes to the valves. ajusted the carbs out 2 1/2 turns and adjusted all the way to 3 1/2 on the carb where the backfiring is happening,nothing helped. its only backfiring on the leftside pipe, yet it didnt backfire til coastering? could a bad coaster gasket on the left side caus this? any ideas?
thanks
-matt
short answer is yes,it leaves a path for fresh air into the exhaust,which is what causes the pop

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info, I did plug the big hose to the airbox but not the small hose that goes into the right ear. should that one be plugged as well?

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
thanks for the info, I did plug the big hose to the airbox but not the small hose that goes into the right ear. should that one be plugged as well?
No. That's the vent for your float bowls. Pull it out, cut the end at a 45degree angle and stick it back in.

KM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts