Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dicided to replace my R&R because of some bad connections Kawasaki OEM part is # 21066-1101 for my1992 Vn750 A8 After 1993 to 2006 the part # is21066-1089. Whats the difference??? What I'm trying to do is get a used one cheep before I take on the stator project.
Ps Not having any charging problems but my R&R connector is melted From one of the stator wires.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
first off, don't buy a used stock R/R... you have a 50/50 chance of getting a good deal. Secondly, any year R/R will work... Ether the old style or new style will work for you. Personally if I was going to replace the R/R, I would get a MOFSET.. especially since you are going to do a stator in the near future. As for Stators, get Tim at www.tpe-usa.com to wind you one. while you are at it, he sells stock replacement R/Rs for a decent price, and hasn't had much issues with them.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Bought mine on ebay and it's working just fine as far as I can tell after a couple thousand miles.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Hey, if your interested I have a MOSFET r&r sitting in my garage I'm no longer using. It's a fairly easy swap to mount in the original spot. This one isn't quite as easy to relocate as many do but with a MOSFET there's no reason to.
I've got pics in the sale or swap section.
Pm me if you interested. I think I was asking $40 shipped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts