Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one eliminated the black trunk box and moddified a piece of metal to put in it's place and poss add another brake light.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand the top bolts but whats the bottom bolt for. And or what is it attached to.

Looks good. That's exactly what I was thinking about.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,863 Posts
What he said.

The material I used by the way is not metal , it is plastic. They sell it as an "emergency mirror" to cut and replace the side mirror on your car or truck if it gets broken. Sold in 5X7 inch sheets at automotive stores, and even Wal-Mart.

KM

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I think I'm going to start playing around with the idea and try to make one.

I'm going to try that plastic stuff. It sounds like it would me easier to shape.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's what I got so far.

First I used the plastic miror and cut it to size. Once I did that I decided I wanted to add a third brake light. So I took a piece of 1/4 thick alumnium sheet and cut it using the plastic outline. Trimed it down and polished it a little. Once I finish polishing it I'm going to add this led light.

I hope that it looks good. Once I'm done I will repost a pic.

Here's the link to the video of this light. It should get someone attention behind me.http://www.customdynamics.com/videos/knight_riderz_video.htm

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Looks great, but check local laws. I installed a flashing strobe brake light on my GL500 and was told in the state of Wa. it's not legal.

DT

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Looks great, but check local laws. I installed a flashing strobe brake light on my GL500 and was told in the state of Wa. it's not legal.

DT
Yes, certainly check the legality of that first.
A brake light modulator is one thing, but flashing LED's are another.
If it just flashed a few times then stayed on solid it might be OK, but with it going back and forth has me thinking it's for show or off-road use only.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did not think of that. I will check in to that thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts