Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone in this group or the Yohoo group installed a hard case trunk on their VN750. Just wondering what manufacturer or brand it was and how they mounted it to the bike?

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dave said:
I know someone in this group or the Yohoo group installed a hard case trunk on their VN750. Just wondering what manufacturer or brand it was and how they mounted it to the bike?

Thanks, Dave
It was choppbobby Aka Bob.
http://choppbobby.com/bikemods.html
He doesn't mention the brand, but his site has pictures on how he mounted it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually, I think a bunch of us have. You can go from JCW $65 to Givi $300 .... just a matter of preference. Also, you can do quick-release or permanent mount.
One issue is the passenger backrest interfering with opening the trunk. Some have fabbed luggage racks longer than off-the-shelf to avoid this (I did) while some with the stock (not extended) passenger backrest have just lived with it.
I would start with looking for a trunk with the size and features required (lights?, quick-release?, etc.) and then work on a way to mount it. There's always a way. <g>

grambo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like it's time to start thinking and looking at some of my opinions.

Thanks alot IASKRU12 (Mike) & grambo, Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just purchased a hard trunk off of ebay to put on the back of my VN750. Have not received it yet but will let you know if it is going to work. Will also get some pics up when it is on. Hoping it comes UPS tomorrow. Friday. Just finished installing the fairing on the bike tonight. Looks good. Will take test drive tomorrow on way to work. Also will get pics up soon.

Auction number for Trunk: 2485654785

Auction number for Fairing: 2484767611

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Roy. Do you know if the party on ebay has more for sale? If yes can you send me some info? Dave

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Viking said:
I just purchased a hard trunk off of ebay to put on the back of my VN750.

Auction number for Trunk: 2485654785
I purchased a larger trunk from the same seller for another bike. They ship in 2 to 4 days after receiving payment (they don't leave feedback). I would like to have it on my vulcan, but the permanent mount means whenever you need to remove the seat, you have to first remove the trunk. I am thinking about mounting my quick detach trunk (like choppbobby) while still having the small lock box.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dave said:
Do you know if the party on ebay has more for sale? If yes can you send me some info?
I looked and he does have another one for sale the same as what I bought. I will let you know how it looks when I get it. I am thinking of taking off my backrest extention and mounting the hard trunk right on the F&S luggage rack. With the backrest padding already built into the hard trunk I shouldn't need the F&S sissybar extention.

Here is the link to the ebay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34284&item=2486434343

I am happy with my fairing. I think I got a real great deal at $400 considering they are discontinued and were over $1000 when new. This fairing was new in all the little individual packages. I love it. Might get a little warm on the real hot days but with my highway pegs mounted just below and outside of the lowers I can deflect the air right up and in, with my feet, to cool me off. If you have a photo or two of the vents you mounted in your lowers, Dave< I would be interested in seeing them. I need to get some graphics to put on it to finish it off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fallguy said:
How much would you want for it?
Fallguy, Let me get the trunk on first then I will let you know if I am looking to sell it or not. My wife might not like the bike without the backrest. The trunk should be coming FedEx on Monday and I know I will have to install it right away. I will let you know.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Viking said:
Fallguy, Let me get the trunk on first then I will let you know if I am looking to sell it or not. My wife might not like the bike without the backrest. The trunk should be coming FedEx on Monday and I know I will have to install it right away. I will let you know.
Cool....NP

·
Registered
13 Posts
A problem that I see with this trunk mounted up, so that you can use the backrest pad in place of the one on the extended sissy bar, is that you may not be able to open the lid up enough to put your helmet in it. The lid\back pad of the trunk will hit the back of the seat.

If you keep the extended sissy bar you will need to mount this trunk up so that it is several inches behind it for the lid to tilt up.

I have mounted up a trunk that is removable like the one choppbobby has.
http://choppbobby.com/trunk.jpg

Ken
NJ

·
Premium Member
382 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, I have installed my new hard trunk and am happy with it. I took off the F&S extended backrest but have decided to keep it for now. If I change my mind I will let you all know. I have a few pics if anyone is interested I will have to email them to you as Yahoo isn't letting me put them in the folder at the VN750 group.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Viking said:
Well, I have installed my new hard trunk and am happy with it. I took off the F&S extended backrest but have decided to keep it for now. If I change my mind I will let you all know. I have a few pics if anyone is interested I will have to email them to you as Yahoo isn't letting me put them in the folder at the VN750 group.
I understand about keeping the backrest. Prolly what I would do too. I would love to see the pics of the new trunk. You can send 'em to [email protected] Later..

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Viking,

Please email me pics ( lyourk at yahoo dot com). Note Yahoo lets you have unlimited storage for your own photo ablums (goto the Yahoo main page and look for Photos)

Thanks,

Loran

Viking said:

·
Now what
400 Posts
Get that trunk good and secure. I had to swerve around a hardside bag in the middle of the freeway on my way to work yesterday. Boy, I bet someone was really PO'd when they got where they were going :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Red Baron said:
This is a good thread, Anyone have a problem if I move it over to the equipment Folder?

Thanks
RB

I think you should move this the equipment folder.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.