Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
bigwheel53
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im interested in getting a trugel battery for my 05 but cant find one for the vn750.does anyone know where I can get one or what the part number is..Im replacing the r/r and relocating it.It stopped charging,then it was chargin intermittantly.When i got home and let the bike cool down a litle then it was charging again..R/R??If the stator was bad it just wouldnt charge right? I purchased a tuxedo mod plate just in case i have to go that route but hopefully not..

·
Registered
442 Posts
May I suggest checking connectors and earths for corrosion/tightness etc. In my experience reg/recs and stators go bad and stay bad most of the time. May save you some work. I have never heard of the battery you mention, what sort of chemistry/construction does it employ? Maybe it is not available here in the UK.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I would advise against the gel batteries, honestly. If you get a nice AGM you will have no problems for 5+ years. AGMs have a nice CCA that our 'big' v-twin needs.

The fact that it wasn't charging when hot could mean the R/R (if you did not relocate it, then this can occur), or even stator. You may want to perform all the resistance tests in the electrical sticky. Also as suggested go over all your connections, reseat them, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts