Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend I had to take the carbs off and fix the floats. Had trouble with flooding, and the floats wouldn't close. I was able to fix that and put the bike back together. Now she struggles to start hot or cold. It took me 10 mins or so of starting to get it running. But once its running she idles and runs great. But as soon as you shut her off it takes a while to get her running again. And i have to wait a few minutes after I shut her off to try to start it again other wise she just cranks but no start. It struggles to start big time. She "Chugs" slow at first then builds up speed and finally starts. However its hit or miss with that. I have a brand new battery so I don't think power input is an issue. I was thinking starter issues? Maybe the teeth on the starter are warn out, or just a slow starter. I feel like the starter isn't turning fast enough or is "weak". Any Ideas?

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
If the starter is working then probably not the starter. I've rebuilt them and they aren't going to go bad that often. The times I rebuilt I'm now thinking that they were never a problem. Have you done the pickup coil mod yet? It's free! The ignition coil mod might help too and that is only like $25 total. Your boots on your carbs are all aligned right too? If not then the air mix is all out of whack.

Ignition switch is clean too...have to though that in there.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,268 Posts
Is it an AGM battery?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts