Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for taking a read here. 93 750 purchased used 3 years back. I'm from S.E. PA. Bike gets wintered in my shed. I haven't done much to winterize in the past three years. Every spring it starts right up and runs. I love it. Two weeks back I took it to get inspected. Mechanic gets on it to run it around the parking lot and has trouble starting it. Tells me to drain the carbs and add some fuel injector cleaner, which I did. Still has trouble starting. When it warms up, it seems to be running O.K. Seems to pop more when I let off the throttle during normal riding. Still getting around 48 mpg. I don't know the age of the plugs or wires and have never cleaned the petcock. Any thoughts on where to trouble shoot first? Thanks again.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
If you don't know the age of the plugs, I'd start there. Wires?... wouldn't hurt to change them, but I think after the plugs I'd get a new battery. A maintenance free one, not a wet cell one. Cost more, but many starting problems are fixed with that alone. Plus, no more checking the fluid level in the battery, or having the acid eat away at wires & stuff.

Oh, and maybe try some Seafoam instead of injector cleaner. Basically the same thing, but has a great track record for cleaning out the fuel system in bikes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts