Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mississippi Rider
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever tried to haul a 750 or similar bike on one of the rear bumper racks? I see goldwings swung up on those things behind motorhomes but I never seen anyone use one on a pickup truck or suv. Be great if you could.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Looks like the load is wider than the legal limits. Not really sure what the limits are.

Sec. 42-352. - Projecting loads on passenger vehicles.

No passenger-type vehicle, except motorcycles or bicycles, shall be operated on any highway with any load carried thereon extending beyond the line of the fenders on the left side of such vehicle nor extending more than six inches beyond the line of the fenders on the right side thereof.

·
Mississippi Rider
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm. thanks for the info on that. of course that may be different from state to state but its still a real concern. Plus it blocks your tail lights. Its a great idea because you dont have to worry bout the trailer.

Has anyone ever actually used one of these?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
yeah a buddy of mine has one that was used to haul dirtbikes.It is made of aluminum and pretty lightweight,as for blocking the taillights ,i would put a couple of trailer lights on the back and plug it into the car wiring harness.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
The Handi Hauler is another option.
http://www.hhauler.com/services.html

Not sure how it would affect the drive train on a shaft driven bike on a long trip.
I would use it to get mine home if stranded on the side of the road though. :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
If you have a pickup it is cheaper and easier to buy a set of ramps and haul it in the bed.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
The Handi Hauler is another option.
http://www.hhauler.com/services.html

Not sure how it would affect the drive train on a shaft driven bike on a long trip.
I would use it to get mine home if stranded on the side of the road though. :)
Can't imagine it would be a problem with the drivetrain as long as someone doesn't pop it into gear when you're parked somewhere. But, I really love that thing. I think I might actually be able to pull my VN1600 behind my S-10 with that!

If you have a pickup it is cheaper and easier to buy a set of ramps and haul it in the bed.
I was able to get my VN750 in the back of my S-10 no problem, but it won't hold my 1600.

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
Hanging all the weight of a bike on the rear of a vehicle is going to affect how it handles.

·
Mississippi Rider
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont know about the handy hauler... that looks crazy. I do have a full size truck (I live in Mississippi, everyone including my grandmother has a full size truck) but I have never tried to load it in the back. Im just afraid i will lay it over and mess the bike and truck paint up both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts