Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Proud Owner of '99 VN 750
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trading a 2 week old TOC MCCT for a working acct. My wife won't let me spend more money to get a new acct and I stripped my threads in the body of my old one tightening the cap screw. I don't like the feeling of the adjustment on the MCCT I'd rather just replace the automatic one over again

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I'm trading a 2 week old TOC MCCT for a working acct. My wife won't let me spend more money to get a new acct and I stripped my threads in the body of my old one tightening the cap screw. I don't like the feeling of the adjustment on the MCCT I'd rather just replace the automatic one over again

I am not totally familiar with the mechanics of those units, but iirc, a few others had same issue which they resolved by adding an extra nut to remedy the stripped threads.
Am I right ? Anyone ?

:smiley_th

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Heck I'd pull the tensioners off my bike for you...might even have a spare set to send along too. I love the mccts and I plan on replacing my ACCTS anyway.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Keep the TOC MCCT.

You don't like the feel when adjusting it? You don't ever have to adjust it after its set. So far mine have been set and forget for 1000s of miles.

If the unit is stripped or messed up.. contact TOC. Never know they might be able to help you out.

I can't see any reason to run ACCTs on the VN750, unless you like premature engine failure.

·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heck I'd pull the tensioners off my bike for you...might even have a spare set to send along too. I love the mccts and I plan on replacing my ACCTS anyway.
I've only got the one MCCT. As far as stripped it is perfect condition. It's just some times when the bike gets to half temp it wont start so I adjust it and it runs like crap. I just want to start using ACCTs again. Would love to do so. Pm me for my info if interested

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
I've only got the one MCCT. As far as stripped it is perfect condition. It's just some times when the bike gets to half temp it wont start so I adjust it and it runs like crap. I just want to start using ACCTs again. Would love to do so. Pm me for my info if interested

You problem isn't your MCCT or ACCT my guess.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
With the regular ACCT the bike always starts with no problems hot or cold. I stripped mine over tightening the cap screwing so I need a new one that works

Your bike should start fine hot or cold with the MCCT. The MCCT isn't going to cause those issues unless you didn't adjust it properly upon installation.

We have a lot of collective experience on this board, and I have yet to find someone that believes running ACCTs is the way to go with the VN750 engine.

·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well are there symptoms to diagnose whether it's too tight or loose instead or constantly altering it? All I know is too loose or tight and it won't start. If it starts too loose it'll chatter with the valve and right now it starts with gas and backfires slot during decelleration at any speedand seems to have high rpms. Suggestions?

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
I tighten until the rpms drop at idle then back off and sinch it there. Never have touched them after that.

·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just loosened it completely and tightened until I felt some resistance. Marked it and turned it half a full turn. Started with no gas but still has some backfiring on deceleration that in running is normal

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
I just loosened it completely and tightened until I felt some resistance. Marked it and turned it half a full turn. Started with no gas but still has some backfiring on deceleration that in running is normal

They all pop on decel unless you disconnect the exhaust air valve and plug the hoses. Its an emissions thing, it feeds fresh air into the exhaust stream, and causes backfires and pops on decel. The bike is tuned lean from the factory so that makes the problem worse. I doubt an acct is gonna cure it.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I remember hearing about the air valves. If I do the plug thing they talk about would I have to adjust the carburetor for running richer

No, as they have nothing to do with the air mixture. The reed valves are for putting air into the exhaust to cause it to ignite, thus backfire on decel.

Look up marbling or coastering.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Go find a pack of marble. Harder than one would think. Walmart didnt carry them. Took till third pharmacy to find some.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
napa has the vacuum plugs the proper size to plug them and elimenate the hoses all together (part of the ear shave procedure anyway)

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Note:
I have seen Bags of Marbles at Dollar / $.99 Stores...but this varies with store.

:smiley_th

1 - 19 of 19 Posts