Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to look at a new bike for my son at a Harley dealer. Bought his 750 about a year age for $1500. Wasn't the prettiest bike but ran good so for a first bike it was good for him. Have had to make a number of repairs and at this point it needs a new water pump bearing. It has a couple tank dings and some rust etc. Trade in book on one in good shape is $1300, I was hoping for $1000, they offered $500. You can hear the ticking and it over heats, I can't sell it without telling the buyer what is wrong. I don't really want to tear it down. Should I feel too bad about taking the $500 and moving on? Will I get enough to make fixing it worth it?
Ken In Orlando Fl.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I would think you could get substantially more in good working order. But pics and such help make a better determination of worth.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Sell it for $750 guilt free telling the purchaser what is wrong. That's a steal and the parts alone are worth far more.

·
2,526 Posts
Where are you located, I'm sure someone would be interested for $500.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Looking on CL and eBay shows that these bikes don't sell for much even in great condition. I don't know if it's cause they didn't change for 20 years or maybe they're just crap in people's eyes. I had thought about fixing mine up and maybe selling it for like 2 grand so I could buy something bigger, but I kinda like her. I built her with my own hands and it kinda means something to me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for everyone's input. I just couldn't bear to let it go for $500 so I have nothing project bike in the garage, till I go thru it and sell it. maybe i'll take the wife into taking it. I'll be around thanks again.
Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts