Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Internet search turns up a few rewinders, this is the first one... Baja Designs

They don't list the vn750 on their page but I'll bet they'll do one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have checked around my area to see if any of the starter/electric motor rewind places can rewind a stator. I looked at the website for Baja Designs and none of the pictures are close to the Vulcan stator as far as the number of poles so I bet it will be expensive. Hopefully someone will get back to me with an answer this week for a cost estimate.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I’m asking a question here simply because I do not know, is there really any value in rewinding a stator vs buying a better quality one?

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Rewind can give you a boost on stator output, and quality of aftermarket stators is spotty. No doubt that some aftermarket stators survive, but the consumer is quality control.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The price is about the same IIRC since I looked into it recently. I have tried both caltric and Rick's. I couldn't recommend the Rick's more highly. I was getting between 300-1500 out of caltrics but the Rick's I installed two months ago has over 4k miles already without a single hiccup. A caltric might be worth having as a backup on a long road trip just to get you back on the road so you wouldn't need a long tow/wait for parts.

Definitely do the blue/two wire mods and check electrical connections. I can't say for sure the mods will fix all bikes but I can say for sure they fixed mine. I was hesitant about Rick's because I read on here they're not great but I'm a believer from personal experience. I'm as cheap as they come for non safety items like brakes and tires but would buy another Rick's despite being 3-4x more expensive than the caltric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts