Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
brand new old guy
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the reg and put it in, I started the bike, and still it's a no go. The bike sits at 12.50 volts at idle and at 4500 rpm. Stator tests good, reg (new test great, so what could it be???? I'm thinking I should get anouther bike, I found a '88 kz1000 for $1000 should I sell mine and get it?????

HELP:BLAM:

·
Registered
277 Posts
just for laughs, why not test the system with another meter. never know, just might be the meter. by the way if you are thinking about getting another bike & looking at the same time, that kinda tells you probably have already made your decision. do what works for you. riding should be fun, not a repair waiting to happen. J

·
Now what
400 Posts
I got the reg and put it in, I started the bike, and still it's a no go. The bike sits at 12.50 volts at idle and at 4500 rpm. Stator tests good, reg (new test great, so what could it be???? I'm thinking I should get anouther bike, I found a '88 kz1000 for $1000 should I sell mine and get it?????

HELP:BLAM:
Did you try following the steps in the electrical fault finding guide that can be found on this page http://tinyurl.com/dq2h7 ?

·
Registered
699 Posts
could also try checking the resistance on all the wires, make sure that they are all good...worth a shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts