Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.sepowersports.net/servlet/StoreFront

TOTAL SCAM !!

In August 12 2013 I paid through PayPal for an engine for a KAWASAKI VN700 VN750 VN 700 750 VULCAN ENGINE MOTOR 2004 WITH 5637 MILES .
Having seen the ad in eBay and not having the money at the time for shipping also, the seller persuaded me to go and buy outside the eBay proses, paying for the engine first ( so I would not loose the offer) and pay whenever I could for shipment.
Agreeing to that I Paid for the Engine in August 12 .
Later on, having the money, I paid the shipping in October 25 .
After stalling me with numerous excuses of absence, he mailed a package in November 25 2013.
The Package arrived in Greece December 31 2013, with Postage total value $50 and postage fees of $51.38, containing scrap metal.
TOTAL SCAM !!

The photos show what I paid and what I got!!

Attachments

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
NEVER EVER EVER deal with anyone from ebay, outside of ebay ,via text, email, phone. It voids any safety contract/policy set forth by ebay! I too found out the hard way a long time ago.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NEVER EVER EVER deal with anyone from ebay, outside of ebay ,via text, email, phone. It voids any safety contract/policy set forth by ebay! I too found out the hard way a long time ago.
You are so right !!
I lived in the States for about 10 years and found American people to be straight forward.
But I guess scam is everywhere !!
Thx for the support.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
You are so right !!
I lived in the States for about 10 years and found American people to be straight forward.
But I guess scam is everywhere !!
Thx for the support.
Yep people are people

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
if you paid thru paypal then get on the horn with them they have buyer protection

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
if you paid thru paypal then get on the horn with them they have buyer protection
forget ebay and or paypal helping you. they are worthless. i had to go after someone on my own because of their lack of trying to resolve a fraud case. it took me 6 months to track him down. people change their tune when faced with getting the beating of their life

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
forget ebay and or paypal helping you. they are worthless. i had to go after someone on my own because of their lack of trying to resolve a fraud case. it took me 6 months to track him down. people change their tune when faced with getting the beating of their life
Love your ways Goofin .... but distance makes it hard to have such fun!!
any how I got all the info ( name, home adress, phone etc.)
For any one who can help me i can split the $1.200 the scambag stolen from me !!

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I've had good luck with PayPal backing my purchases. They helped me promptly with a couple of issues. It doesn't hurt to explore your options.
I am sorry to have seen you get screwed like that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I deal through Ebay and Paypal everyday. They will be able to help you, epically seeing you paid via paypal. If you play your cards right you will get refunded.

Paypal is 90 percent on the buyers side. I have sold things and used paypal, someone charge backed the payment for no reason and I lost plus they kept the item.

Start a dispute immediately send them the pictures all the information and any links you have. Its at least worth a try. Good luck!

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Vass, By the way you wrote this I suspect you didn't use PayPal to pay so how did you pay? If you sidestepped E-Bay on the purchase they will not help but Pay-Pay or your card company may help. What state is the seller in?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First of, I want to thank you all for your support.
The Thing is that the scammer did his job very well by delaying my reactions with various excuses, and I did not do my job reporting hin on time, due to traveling for work.

So the only thing I can do from here (Greece), is to make public in all moto forums the scambag he is!!

His state is Georgia and his work sight is:
http://www.sepowersports.net/servlet/StoreFront

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
they are only about 2 hours from me... want me to pay them a visit??

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
About 5 hours from me but perhaps I could join Chris but would require some paperwork from you. Exactly how did you pay for the engine and later the shipping? What documents do you have regarding payment? Do you have proof or a witness that the box you received was scrap or was there insurance from the freight company?

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I deal through Ebay and Paypal everyday. They will be able to help you, epically seeing you paid via paypal. If you play your cards right you will get refunded.

Paypal is 90 percent on the buyers side. I have sold things and used paypal, someone charge backed the payment for no reason and I lost plus they kept the item.

Start a dispute immediately send them the pictures all the information and any links you have. Its at least worth a try. Good luck!
if the seller emptied his bank account paypall cannot help you. i was taken for 350 bucks and had to track him down myself. paypal isnt that helpful

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
About 5 hours from me but perhaps I could join Chris but would require some paperwork from you. Exactly how did you pay for the engine and later the shipping? What documents do you have regarding payment? Do you have proof or a witness that the box you received was scrap or was there insurance from the freight company?
Fool and Chris.
I have the full conversation in the emails that that also states the tracking number of the box sent, which contained scrap, the recipts from pay pal as shown in the photos, which state that the payment is for a Kawassaki vn 750 engine and the second one for shipment of that engine.
He can not provide a shipment invoice for that engine because he never sent it.

my email is [email protected]
sent me a memo and I ll sent you a pdf file with all the mail conversasion!

Thnks ... my offer stands strong !!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
My bank has always been super helpful in helping me out in similar situations. I agree that you should at least give paypal support a try and maybe contact your bank as well. I don't know how helpful banks in Greece would be. My bank is in the U.S., even though I live in Mexico. I know for a fact that Mexican banks wouldn't lift a finger to help me out... I know nothing about banks in Greece though, but it might be worth a shot. After all, typing online isn't that exhausting for a chance to get back so much money.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
I would call South East Power Sports of Georgia and ask them if he works there. If they say yes, tell them that you were robbed by this man and that your only avenue is to warn people about this man. Unfortunately you will have to warn them about him WORKING AT SOUTH EAST POWER SPORTS of GEORGIA and give them a link to this site.

Tell them, we will help :)

I'm just north near Charlotte NC.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
hell if i was close enough i would kick his ass for free just for general purpose i dont think karma would haunt me on this one

1 - 20 of 23 Posts