Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the torq specs for the stator bolts? Also what are they for the left outer cover, and is there a certain order? The other spec I need is for the mcct, went to bolt down the unit and snapped the bolt. Was able to pull the bolt out of the motor, so I need to order a new one. What is the part # for those?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
What are the torq specs for the stator bolts? Also what are they for the left outer cover, and is there a certain order? The other spec I need is for the mcct, went to bolt down the unit and snapped the bolt. Was able to pull the bolt out of the motor, so I need to order a new one. What is the part # for those?
Torque stator bolts to 9 ft/lb as per Cymer manual.

Can`t find any torque specs for engine side covers, but if they are 6mm fasteners, Roach says repeatedly in his rebuild videos that 69 in/lb is the standard recommenation unless otherwise specified. Thanks Roach :).
I think that cover has 13 bolts, so I would tighten them in three steps in a criss-cross pattern similar to tightening lug nuts on a wheel.
1- finger tight
2- 60 or 65 in/lb on the first round with the torque wrench
3- 69 in/lb on the final round

6X18 mm stud shown for mounting ACCT in this link:
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1991-kawasaki-motorcycle-vulcan-750-vn750a7-us/o/m4555#sch47969
92004: STUD,6X18
(1556-001) Enter
0-99 $2.98

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got a ft/lbs wrench the other day, so could I do 6 ft/lbs and be fine?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I just got a ft/lbs wrench the other day, so could I do 6 ft/lbs and be fine?
Probably,............ but I would buy an in/lb wrench as soon as possible if I were going to be doing more work on the bike in the future.
I think mine cost less than $30 at Princess Auto, the Canadian equivalent of Harbor Freight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts