Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just my 750 back on the road and started hearing a tap seems from the front cylinder. It's a mild tap. Seems when I am on throttle but is less when l roll off. I think it's getting a little worse as time goes on any ideas?

·
Registered
10,534 Posts

·
Super Moderator
767 Posts
I just my 750 back on the road and started hearing a tap seems from the front cylinder. It's a mild tap. Seems when I am on throttle but is less when l roll off. I think it's getting a little worse as time goes on any ideas?
If you don't mind, please review each section's description before posting. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
767 Posts
No problem sorry iam new to posting on the forum
No worries. If you need further assistance with anything related to the site, don't hesitate to message me directly. If I don't know the answer, I'll find it for you. (However, if you're needing assistance with your bike's troubleshooting, Spockster here is one of the most knowledgeable people around.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is very knowledgeable I am trying to pick his brain about this tick. It dosnt seem like a rocker or a major problem but as we all know a little clip can be a major problem in time. Thank you for your help . I did however plug the large hose that runs to the valve underneath the seat. Iam waiting for a small hose from the rear cyl. Reed valve out let and hooking all of them back up to see if that may be my problem.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,554 Posts
He is very knowledgeable I am trying to pick his brain about this tick. It dosnt seem like a rocker or a major problem but as we all know a little clip can be a major problem in time. Thank you for your help . I did however plug the large hose that runs to the valve underneath the seat. Iam waiting for a small hose from the rear cyl. Reed valve out let and hooking all of them back up to see if that may be my problem.
He's helped me quite a bit

Reactions: Spockster

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Thanks y'all, maybe giving me too much credit, a lot of people here know what they're doing, I just have had a lot of time for reading posts and answering questions.

I would see what restoring the reed system does. The thread about that previously, the owner was all over the engine and in the end it was the reed valves making noise. If you start it with the reeds removed there's a puff of air every fourth revolution that makes noise too. If the reeds are unhooked they might still smack closed after the puff of air.

A video with sound can help if the reeds don't cure it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts