Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am re building the top end. I have bought everything but the head gaskets. I got the motor out, and the left and right sides off. I have never done major engine work, and now I think I am going to outsource the rest out. Is it as hard as it looks? The only thing left is to take the top end off and replace it.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
A manual will outline the procedures/work you need to do. There is a downloadable service manual available here on the forum. Take a look at it and evaluate whether you would feel comfortable doing it yourself. If yes, go for it. The folks here will help you.

There was a time when every mechanic had never done major engine work. Keep that in mind. IMO, if you have the time, patience and determination to do it, you can do it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ordered a hines manual. This pictures of the download are a little hard to see small stuff. I will wait till I get it to make a decision. As of right now, I am going to do it myself. I have been quoted around 5 hours of work. I think that is a little off. Everything is off the motor except the heads. It cant be that much more work.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts